Sunday, June 27, 2010

It Takes Two


It truly takes two to complete many regular tasks in life...like putting in an air conditioner, putting the heavy wooden top on a dining table, drilling through plaster, while balancing on an unsteady ladder.

This world is really made for couples. I don't say this in a bitter, "I'm single," kinda way. It is just the truth. You don't notice until you don't have that other person.

I moved about four months ago and I can't tell you the number of arduous undertakings I have had to do alone, spending much more time on every one than I would have with another person to help.

Ah well, I guess that is why people have friends...if you can catch one, like I did today, you get an air conditioner. If not, you're hot.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment